Advanced School on Physics of Volcanoes | (smr 2840)
Starts 17 Oct 2016
Ends 21 Oct 2016
Central European Time
AGH (Giambiagi Lecture Hall)
Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste (Italy)
The aim of this workshop is to focus on the state of the art in the physics of volcanoes in order to give participants a better understanding of the physical and tectonic processes related to volcanoes and the associated hazards.
The programme will involve a series of lectures about the following topics:
• Understanding the production, evolution and eruption of magma
• Physics of the volcanic systems
• Magmatic processes within continental and oceanic rift zones
• Migration and storage of magma in the crust
• Volcano seismicity and analysis of seismicity in order to understand distinct volcanic processes
• Analysis of ground deformation to monitor magma movements and eruptions
The topics will be covered using a combination of theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches. It will be highlighted the importance of integrating observations and field data with theoretical and modelling results.