A growing number of researchers use algebraic geometry in industrial and applied mathematics: applications include biology, coding theory, cryptography, combustion, computational geometry, computer graphics, quantum computing, control theory, geometric design, complexity theory, machine learning, nonlinear PDE, optimization, and robotics.
Algebraic Geometry of data clouds
- density of cloud data
- reach of a manifold and topological data analysis
- classical theory of polar classes of a variety
- the nearest points to a variety
- the EDD degree of a manifold and its properties
- the Bottleneck degree of varieties
Biochemical reaction networks modeled by mass-action kinetics
- basics on reaction networks with mass-action kinetics: biochemical notions, algebraic notions, dynamical notions
- steady state invariants and computational algebraic geometry
- networks with toric steady states
- counting the number of positive steady states and real solutions to polynomial systems
A limited number of grants are available to support the attendance of selected participants, with priority given to participants from developing countries. There is no registration fee.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Go to day