International Workshop on Science for Cultural Heritage | (smr 1778)
International Advisory Committee
- W. Burkart, IAEA, Vienna
- M.-C. Corbeil, CCI - Ottawa, Canada
- S. De Martino, Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Antichità, University of Trieste
- W. Erdelen, UNESCO, Paris
- F. Maselli-Scotti, Soprintendenza - Beni Archeologici del Friuli-Venezia-Giulia, Trieste
- G. Proietti, Ministero Beni Attività Culturali - Rome
- Shobita Punja, INTACH, New-Delhi, India
- C. Rizzuto, Synchcrotron "Elettra", Trieste
- H. Roemich, ESF-COST Office – Brussels
- R. Salimbeni, CNR-IFAC – Florence
- J. Wouters, KIK-IRPA, Brussels
The conference will include keynote lectures of a broad content (archaeologists, palaeoanthropologists, curators, etc) as well as technical contributions (dating and characterization experts, geochronologists, etc).
The Main Themes of the Conference will be:
a. Environmental and climatic impact on cultural heritage;
b. Advanced dating for prehistory and human evolution;
c. Ceramics, glass, marble, metals and organic materials, pigments;
d. Archaeological and urban prospection;
e. Networking activities;
f. Large-scale facilities;
g. Advanced imaging.
Training Sessions will be organized by Profs. R. Cesareo (U. of Sassari, Italy) and A. Sgamellotti (U. of Perugia, Italy), with state-of-the-art instrumentation based on Non-destructive Methods of Analysis Techniques.