Workshop on Entrepreneurship for Scientists and Engineers from Developing Countries | (smr 2815)
Starts 30 Mar 2016
Ends 5 Apr 2016
Central European Time
AGH (Giambiagi Lecture Hall)
Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste (Italy)
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), with the co-sponsorship of the APS, of the lOP, of the OSA and of the IEEE has organized a Workshop on Entrepreneurship for Physicists and Engineers from Developing Countries, to be held at ICTP, Trieste, Italy, from 30 March to 5 April 2016.
A one-week intensive Workshop for physicists and engineers from developing countries interested in learning entrepreneurial skills to commercialize their scientific inventions.: such an educational programme is missing in many of the developing countries for scientists working in universities and scientific institutions.
• Physicists and Engineers as inventors and entrepreneurs;
• Concept of intellectual property (IP) and its significance in developing countries;
• Taking science to the market - Timelines and processes for taking an invention to product;
• Business model development;
• Small business financing and business plan fundamentals;
• Marketing the ideas;
• Success stories;
• Business plan presentation by participants;
• Training of lecturers and scientists in development of an "Entrepreneurship Curriculum"