The School addresses senior PhD students and experienced researchers with prior working knowledge of DFT.
Theoretical and hands-on training will focus on ab-initio calculations of many properties relating to the electron-phonon interaction, for applications in condensed matter physics, materials physics, and nanoscience.
Starting from an introduction to the background on electron-phonon physics and related materials properties from the point of view of ab-initio calculations, we will show the participants how to perform cutting- edge electron-phonon calculations using a suite of electronic structure codes, including EPW, Wannier90, Quantum ESPRESSO, and ABINIT.
• Density functional perturbation theory
• Electron-phonon coupling
• Phonon-assisted optical absorption
• Maximally-localized Wannier functions
• Temperature dependence of the electronic bandstructure
• Electronic transport using the Boltzmann transport equation
• Phonon-driven superconductivity
S. de Gironcoli, SISSA
P. Giannozzi, University of Udine
F. Giustino, University of Oxford
X. Gonze, Univ. Catholique of Louvain
E. Kioupakis, University of Michigan
E. R. Margine, Binghamton University-SUNY
G. Pizzi, EPFL
S. Poncé, University of Oxford