Joint ICTP-IAEA International School on Nuclear Security | (smr 3194)
Starts 9 Apr 2018
Ends 20 Apr 2018
Central European Time
Kastler Lecture Hall (AGH)
Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste (Italy)
This two-week School is designed for young professionals from developing countries, ideally with 1-3 years of experience, working at are relevant institution in their home country with responsibility covering some aspects of nuclear security. Candidates should have a specific career interest in, or knowledge of nuclear security, although their academic and technical background may vary. Candidates with a scientific or technical background in a discipline of relevance to nuclear security, such as nuclear physics, nuclear engineering or political science, and/or in related fields, are specifically encouraged to apply.
• International legal framework supporting nuclear security
• Identification of, and measures to address, threats against nuclear security
• Instruments and methods for physical protection at associated facilities
• Threat and risk assessment, detection architecture and response plan for material out of regulatory control
• Illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive material, including radiation detection instruments and detection strategies and techniques
• Transport security for nuclear and other radioactive material
• Nuclear forensics and radiological crime scene management
• Nuclear security culture, computer and information security, and security at major public events
• Measures for systematic nuclear security human resource development at the national level Additionally there will be practical exercises, designed to incorporate the acquired knowledge into national planning and procedures to protect against threats to nuclear security.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the online application form using the link that can be found in this page.
Before applying please check prerequisites indicated on the official announcement, which can be dowloaded from this page.
>> THE ONLINE APPLICATION WILL BE ACTIVATED SHORTLY <<
Dmitriy Nikonov (IAEA), Alessia Durczok (IAEA), Local Organiser: Claudio Tuniz
ICTP - Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste Italy (+39) 040 2240 111 email@example.com