The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Trieste, Italy) in collaboration with the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, the Institute for Complex Adaptive Matter (ICAM-I2CAM), the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, and the Department of Physics - University of Florida is organizing the School and Workshop on “Strongly Correlated Electronic Systems - from Quantum Criticality to Topology”.
- Novel theories of quantum criticality in metals and Mott insulators
- Superconductivity and competing orders
- Novel approaches to spin liquids
- Correlated systems with strong spin-orbit coupling
- Coulomb interaction in topological systems
- Topological superconductors
This School and Workshop will bring graduate and postdoctoral students in condensed matter physics together with experts in the field to discuss and the existing challenges and the latest theoretical and experimental developments in correlated electron systems and in topological materials . The research talks will be held mostly during the first week (Aug. 6-10). On Friday, August 10, we will hold a mini-workshop devoted to the 60th birthday of Prof. Piers Coleman. The tutorial lectures on various aspects of strongly correlated and topological electron systems will be given during the second week (Aug. 13-17).