Workshop Towards Neutrino Technologies | (smr 2047)
Starts 13 Jul 2009
Ends 17 Jul 2009
Central European Time
Trieste - Italy
Adriatico Guest House Kastler Lecture Hall
The achieved knowledge of neutrino properties opens up new possibilities to use them as a tool for the study of other objects and eventually for practical applications. The goal of this workshop is to review the existing achievements and efforts and to consider areas of neutrino physics which can potentially lead to the development of neutrino technologies.
We intend to get together experimentalists and theoreticians to discuss both new theoretical ideas and recent progress in the experimental techniques.
* Neutrino properties: masses, mixing and interactions
* Coherent neutrino scattering
* Neutrino Moessbauer effect and other exotic effects
* New neutrino sources and detection techniques
* Neutrino tomography of the Earth and stars
* Neutrino communication systems
* Reactor neutrinos and control of nuclear reactors