First ICTP Advanced School on Cosmology | (smr 2729)
Starts 18 May 2015
Ends 29 May 2015
Central European Time
LB (Budinich Lecture Hall)
Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste (Italy)
TOPICS of the School:
1) David Weinberg (Ohio State U.): "LSS data"
2) Pasquale Serpico (LAPTh, Annecy): "Astrophysical signals of Dark Matter"
3) Matias Zaldarriaga (IAS, Princeton): "Perturbative approaches to LSS"
4a) Marica Branchesi (Urbino U.): "Gravitational waves 1: Experiments and Sources"
4b) Walter Goldberger (Yale): "Gravitational waves 2: EFT approach"
5) Justin Khoury (UPenn): "Alternatives to Inflation"
6) Andrea Ferrara (SNS, Pisa): "Cosmic Reionization and HI 21 cm mapping"
7) Bruce Partridge (Haverford): "B-modes"
8a) Rachel Rosen (Columbia): "Modified Gravity 1: Theory"
8b) Bhuvnesh Jain (UPenn): "Modified Gravity 2: Phenomenology"
9) Stefano Borgani (Trieste Observatory): "Hydrodynamical simulations"
The purpose of the School is to present in a pedagogical way some current themes of research in cosmology, including the search for inflationary B-modes and various aspects of the Large Scale Structure. It is intended for advanced graduate students, as well as more Senior Researchers.
The School will be preceded by the Advanced Workshop on Cosmological Structures from Reionization to Galaxies: Combining Efforts from Analytical and Numerical Methods http://indico.ictp.it/event/a14279/
P. Creminelli (ICTP, Trieste)
J. Khoury (UPenn)
A. Nicolis (Columbia)
R. Sheth (UPenn)
G. Trevisan (SISSA)
S. Borgani (Trieste Observatory)
M. Branchesi (Urbino U.)
A. Ferrara (SNS, Pisa)
W. Goldberger (Yale)
B. Jain (UPenn)
J. Khoury (UPenn)
B. Partridge (Haverford)
R. Rosen (Columbia)
P. Serpico (LAPTh, Annecy)
D. Weinberg (Ohio State U.)
M. Zaldarriaga (IAS, Princeton)