International Workshop on Structured Light and Matter: Concept and Applications | (smr 2821)
Starts 17 Sep 2016
Ends 23 Sep 2016
Zanjan - Islamic Republic of Iran
The Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS) and the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) are organizing an autumn school on Structured Light and Matter from 17 to 23 September 2016. The School is intended for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, faculty members, and others who would like to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of singular optics for application to research in their respective fields.
1. Super-resolution and imaging techniques
2. Optical tweezers and medical applications
3. Holographic approach to shape a beam of massive particles
4. Fundamental tests of quantum mechanics
5. Quantum information with structured light
6. BEC and exciton-polariton condensates
7. Shaping light beams with a metasurface.