Joint ICTP-IAEA School of Nuclear Knowledge Management | (smr 3146)
Starts 11 Sep 2017
Ends 15 Sep 2017
Central European Time
Giambiagi Lecture Hall (AGH)
Strada Costiera, 11
I - 34151 Trieste (Italy)
The School is a certificate course providing specialized education and training on development and implementation of knowledge management programmes in nuclear science and technology organizations. It is intended for young professionals in current or future leading roles in managing nuclear knowledge.
Jointly organized by ICTP and the IAEA since 2004, this Nuclear Knowledge Management (NKM) School focuses on methodologies and practices, and explores various dimensions of nuclear knowledge management. These include processes and tools, challenges and benefits, culture influence, relationship with human resource development, IT for knowledge preservation and sharing. Learning is supplemented with real life examples from NKM programmes in different types of nuclear organizations. The aim is to encourage ‘forward thinking’ and to enable participants to apply theory and insights in their daily work.
Pre-training is done via e-learning for a common understanding of the basics, allowing a more efficient interaction with peers and lecturers during the in-class School. Lectures at the ICTP by recognized experts are followed by case studies, practical work and breakout sessions where participants will have the opportunity to discuss issues and solutions. NKM group projects are also developed over the week. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an on-line pre-training course and a test, the results of which will be one of the elements to define the final list of participants.
- Nuclear knowledge and knowledge management fundamentals;
- Developing policies and strategies in managing nuclear knowledge;
- Managing nuclear information resources;
- Human resources development, risk of knowledge loss andknowledge transfer;
- Practical guidance and good practices on NKM.
- Blended learning course;
- Oriented to practical exercises and group projects;
- Additional continuous education certificate provided by MEPhI University, Russian Federation, after successful completion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ADMISSION TO THIS ACTIVITY LIMITED TO PARTICIPANTS SELECTED AND OFFICIALLY INVITED.
Workshop ICTP Secretariat : N. Ivanissevich, e-mail: email@example.com